Capricorn Educational Resource Centre (NPO:164-492) offers a number of science and mathematics programmes for learners in rural areas with the aim to identify talent, enhance knowledge and understanding of STEMi and ultimately improve quality and participation of learners in STEMi.
South Africa is rapidly reaching the forefront of science and technology advancement and has the potential to become a rich source of scientific expertise. This will only be possible if the system is sustained with a healthy supply of learners whose interest in science, technology, engineering, mathematics & innovation (STEMi) is guided by equally passionate educators and learners.
Capricorn Educational Resource centre is looking for a dedicated experienced STEM teacher and those who wish to gain experience through acquiring necessary skills. The volunteer will be expected to perform the following functions:
- Teach Grade 10 to 12 Mathematics, Physical and Life Sciences on Saturdays and during school recess.
- Set and Mark monthly assessment test
- Preparation of experiments for practical work
- Supervise and assist learners during practical work
1. Academic qualifications
- A Bachelor of Science degree (BSc), Bachelor of Education (MATH, SCIE AND TECH), BEng or equivalent qualification with chemistry, physics and Biology as majors.
- A postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
- Excellent academic background
2. Knowledge and Skills required
- Able to interact successfully with young children
- Demonstrate leadership ability
- Ability to write a scientific report
- Excellent communication both written and verbally
- Willingness to participate in STEM related activities such as, National Science Olympiad, Eskom Expos, National Science Weeks, etc.
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 22 March 2019.